Reports To: Director of Education and Research
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt Hourly
Hours: 32 hrs./ week
Salary Range: $24-$36 (DOE)
Benefits: PTO, Health, Dental and 403b
Summary: Support the teacher in working with students in one-on-one and small group settings to reinforce education plans for the students. Support the needs and well-being of students in an emotionally responsive and professional manner.
- Partner with the teacher to provide an emotionally responsive, safe, healthy and developmentally appropriate environment for children.
- Ensure materials, equipment, and supplies are available and in good repair; care for and maintain equipment within the school, take preventative measures against hazards to physical safety.
- Meet with teachers to review and discuss lesson plans and the needs of individual students.
- Refer to information provided by the teacher and/or child’s Listening and Spoken Language Therapist about needs, strategies/techniques and expected outcomes when working with students.
- Record data (language samples, student performance) in a manner consistent with areas outlined by the teacher and/or therapist.
- Support the teacher in using Listening and Spoken Language Strategies.
- Support the teacher in checking student’s hearing technology and completing listening checks on a daily basis.
- With teacher/therapist guidance, implement lesson plans in group and 1:1 activities with students.
- Cross collaborate with team members and other programs at Listen and Talk.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education/Experience: Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in Speech and Hearing, Child Development and/or Early Childhood Education; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates and Licenses: Current CPR, First Aid, and Blood Borne Pathogene Certification.
Computer Skills: Working knowledge of Google Suite is required.
Skills and Abilities: Excellent interpersonal skills and proven ability to connect well with others including: students, teachers, coworkers and families; creativity and passion for learning; a positive attitude.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as rules, instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of families and coworkers.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: The physical demands and work environment described below represent the activities and surroundings of the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work is typically performed in a school environment and to perform the job, the employee is frequently required to talk, hear, stand, walk, stoop, climb, balance, kneel, bend, crouch, crawl, and reach with hands and arms. The employee will be required to carry children and materials weighing up to 40 pounds on an occasional basis. The employee is frequently required to talk and hear on the telephone and in person with individuals and groups. The employee is required to read and respond to documents in hard copy and electronic form.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Listen and Talk provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.