- Listen and Talk’s New Home: Be sure to watch Facebook for updates on the remodel project! The building is taking shape and we look forward to the day when we can see you in the new facility!
- Video Conferencing Tools: I am happy to share that Zoom’s security updates mean we can safely add it back to our list of video conferencing tools. It’s one of several platforms that we utilize, so your provider will confirm how you will connect for virtual services.
- Schools and B-3 programs across the state will be describing what services will look like as we respond to COVID-19. Listen and Talk’s Service Planning Work Group will start meeting on June 2. Listen and Talk will continue to keep the safety and well-being of families, staff and the community as a top priority. Thank you for responses to questions and requests for input that will be coming.
- Service Delivery Updates: LIsten and Talk continues to closely follow state guidance. As we continue with distance learning, Listen and Talk will make sure that family and staff equipment needs are addressed. Here is a brief description of current plans:
- B-3 Program: We will continue virtual B3 services. Any changes will follow state guidance and protect families, providers and the community.
- Audiology/Blended Classroom/LSL Therapy: We continue with distance learning and we are planning for virtual ESY from June 29 to July 22 (M, Ts, W). Virtual ESY will ensure optimal and safe access to services under the current circumstances.
- Surveys: There are family and provider survey opportunities through the National Center for Hearing Assessment and Management (NCHAM). These surveys are part of a research study on experiences with virtual services. Here is the link: NCHAM Family Survey The survey closes on May 31st.
Please take care as we move through these changing times. Remember that we are here to share support and resources. Everyone at Listen and Talk looks forward to seeing each other face-to-face, but until then, we want everyone to be safe and well! Thank you, again, for your steady work with us! Take good care through as we end this week and enjoy the Memorial Day weekend.